- The Columbus Alive Summer Concert Series kick-off is Friday starting at 7pm at Columbus Commons. This is a free concert (and is weather permitting)! Please visit www.ColumbusCommons.org for more details.
- The Avett Brothers are at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion at 6:30pm Saturday. Tickets are $46. Visit www.PromoWestLive.com for further information.
- American Idol finalist Bo Bice is at the Hollywood Casino Sunday at 6pm. Visit www.HollywoodColumbus.com for complete details.
- CATCO presents “Five Guys Named Moe” at the Riffe Center’s Studio Two Theatre at 8pm Thursday-Saturday, 2pm Sunday. Tickets are $45. Visit www.CATCO.org for more information.
- The Actors’ Theatre presents “King Arthur & the Sword of Britain” in Schiller Park at 8pm Friday-Sunday. These performances are free, but weather permitting. Visit www.TheActorsTheare.org for more information.
- Shadowbox Live is at their new home in the old Worley Building in the Brewery District present “Taboo”. Showtimes are Thursday at 7:30pm, Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm & 10:30pm. This presentation shall run through June 8th. Tickets are $30. On Sunday, you can check out their musical presentation of “Underland” at 2pm & 7pm. Tickets for this presentation are also $30 each. Visit www.ShadowboxLive.org for more information.
- The Cloak & Dagger Dinner Theatre presents “Mayhem at the 5 Aces Casino” at their theatre inside Shane’s Gourmet Catering on 447 East Livingston Avenue Friday & Saturday at 6:30pm. Tickets are $40 and include dinner and the show has an open-ended run. Visit www.CloakDagger.com for more details.
- The Ohio Historical Society presents “Faces of Appalachia: Photographs of Albert Ewing” through December 29th. Admission is $5-$10. Visit www.OhioHistory.org for more information.
- Zoombezi Bay is open for the season! Admission is $25-$33. Visit www.ZoombeziBay.com for further information.
- Funny guy Ben Roy will headline The Funny Bone this weekend. Call the Bone Phone at 471-JOKE or visit www.ColumbusFunnybone.com for tickets.
Festivals & Expos
- Uptown Westerville will host another 4th Friday event from 6-9pm. This Friday’s theme is “Back to Nature”. This is a free event! Visit www.VisitWesterville.org for more details.
- One of the largest Arabian horse shows is at the Ohio Expo Center. The Buckeye Sweepstakes runs Thursday-Sunday and is free to attend! Visit www.BuckeyeSweepstakes.com for further details.
- The 19th annual Asian Festival is at Franklin Park 10am-9pm Saturday & 10am-6pm Sunday. On Monday, the festivities continue with the Dragon Boat Race at Genoa Park between 9am-4pm. All events are free! Visit www.Asian-Festival.org for further details.
- Ohio Village kicks-off their summer season with “A House Divided: Civil War Reenactment & Living History Weekend” Saturday 10am-5pm & Sunday noon-5pm. Admission is $5-$10. Visit www.OhioHistroy.org for further information.
- The Columbus Zoo will host Dinosaur Island daily from 9am-7pm. To attend the exhibit, there will be a $3 additional fee to park admission. Visit www.ColumbusZoo.com for further information. This attraction will run through September 2nd.
- Ohio Village will host the recreation of a Civil War era town Wednesdays-Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays noon-5pm. Admission is $5-$10 and these will continue through September 1st. Visit www.OhioHistroy.org for complete details.
- The Pearl Market runs each Friday between 10:30am-2pm (weather permitting) in downtown Columbus between Broad & Gay Streets in Pearl Alley. This is a free event! Visit www.DowntownColumbus.com/PearlMarket for complete information. The market shall run through October 29th.
- Franklin Park Conservatory presents their popular “Blooms & Butterflies” exhibit through September 2nd. Admission is $6-$11. Visit www.FPConservatory.org for more details.
- Nothing to report here . . . sorry!
- The King Lincoln District Memorial Day Parade is Saturday stepping off at noon in the Mt. Vernon Avenue area.
- The Westerville Sports Complex (325 N. Cleveland Avenue) will host “The Field of Heroes”, a display of 2,000 American flags Saturday-Monday. This is a free to view! Visit www.Westerville.org for more details.
- The Sunbury Memorial Day Flea Market is Monday from 7am-5pm near the corner of Cherry & Columbus Streets. Admission is $1.
- The Columbus Dispatch has posted a complete list of Memorial Day Parade locations and times. To view this list, please visit http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/weekender/2007/05/24/MEMDAY_2.ART_ART_05-24-07_T6_V16PSRJ.html.
- The Columbus Clippers face the Syracuse Chiefs at Huntington Park 7pm Thursday, 7:15pm Friday, 7pm Saturday & 6pm Sunday. Visit www.ClipeprsBaseball.com for further details.
- The OSU Varsity Courts on Olentangy River Road will host the OHSSA Boys Tennis Championships Saturday & Sunday. Visit www.OHSAA.org for complete details.
- The Ohio Village Muffins vintage baseball team takes on the Hoover Sweepers at Ohio Village at 3pm Sunday. Visit www.OhioHistory.org for complete information.
- The Memorial Golf Tournament begins Monday at Muirfield Country Club. Admission is begins at $30 and the event continues through June 2nd. Visit www.TheMemorialTournament.com for all of the details.
- Tickets go on-sale to the public at 10am Friday for Gordon Lightfoot (at the Palace Theatre July 29th). You may purchase tickets by using this link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004AB08C3463A9?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_h4.
- Tickets go on-sale to the public at 10am Friday for Ke$ha (at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion August 27th). You may purchase tickets by using this link: http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004AA3D39FF0A3?brand=&tm_link=tm_homeA_h5.
Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
- New Straitsville in the Hocking Hills will host their annual Moonshine Festival Thursday-Monday. Festival goers will enjoy a variety of events and attractions, such as the working moonshine still display, carnival rides, games, flea market and food . . . including moonshine burgers and moonshine pie. This is a free event! Visit www.1800Hicking.com for complete details.