Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
- Stop by Wickertree Tennis Club this Friday-Sunday for some great tennis action as Columbus hosts their second annual Columbus Classic Tennis Tournament as part of the GLTA circuit. Competitors from all over (including Australia), representing all skill levels will be participating. Visit www.ColumbusClassicTennis.com for more information.
- The Columbus Alive Summer Concert Series continues each Thursday at Columbus Commons beginning at 7pm. This is a free concert (and is weather permitting)! Please visit www.ColumbusCommons.org for more details.
- The City of Upper Arlington will host their “Music in the Park” concert series at Sunny 95 Park each Thursday evening (weather permitting) at 7pm. This is a free concert! Visit www.Sunny95.com/events for more information.
- The Statehouse Lunchtime Performing Arts Series runs each Friday between noon-1pm and will feature free entertainment (weather permitting). The series shall run through August 30th. Visit www.OhioStatehouse.org for a complete schedule of entertainment.
- The Grove City Summer Sizzle Concert Series is each Friday & Saturday at 7pm (weather permitting) in the Grove City Town Center Plaza. These concerts are free! Visit www.GroveCityOhio.gov for a complete line-up. This series runs through August 17th.
- Melissa Etheridge is at Lifestyle Communities Pavilion Friday at 7pm. Tickets are $43. Visit www.PromoWestLive.com for more details.
- The JazZoo Concert Series at the Columbus Zoo shall feature Jonathan Elliott & Nia Allen Friday at 8pm. Tickets are $35 and include zoo admission. Visit www.JazzArtsGroup.org for more details.
- The Columbus Symphony’s Nationwide “Popcorn Pops” series for kids is Friday at Columbus Commons featuring the theme “Broadway for Kids”. Gates open at 5pm with plenty of hands-on activities for the children. The concert starts at 7pm. Tickets are $8. Then the Nationwide “Picnic with the Pops” concert series continues their season at the Columbus Commons Saturday evening with special guest, “The Music of Queen”. Gates open at 6pm and the show starts at 8pm. Tickets start at $25. Visit www.PicnicwiththePops.com for complete concert schedule.
- The Goodale Park Music Series runs each Sunday at 12:30pm (except for July 21st) through September 1st. This is a free concert series! Visit www.GoodaleParkMusicSeries.com for a complete list of acts.
- The 30th annual Dublin Arts Council “Sundays at the Scioto” concert series is at 7pm at Scioto Park (weather permitting). These are free concerts! For a complete list of shows, please visit www.DublinArts.org.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series continues this weekend at the Ohio Theatre with the feature “Swing Time” & “The Court Jester”. Tickets are just $4. For a complete listing of films, please visit www.CAPA.com.
- The Screen on the Green outdoor movie series is at Goodale Park Fridays at 7pm. This is a free event (and weather permitting). Visit www.ShortNorthCivic.com for a complete list of films. This will continue through September 13th.
- CATCO presents the spoof “Forbidden Broadway Greatest Hits: Volume One” at the Studio Three Theatre in the Riffe Center Thursday-Saturday at 8pm, Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are $35. Visit www.CATCOisTheatre.org for more details. This presentation shall run through July 28th.
- Worthington Community Theatre presents “Godspell” at the McConnell Arts Center at 7:30pm Friday & Saturday, 2pm Sunday. Tickets are $12-$15. Visit www.McConnellArts.org for further information. This production will run through August 4th.
- The Actors’ Theatre presents “Twelfth Night” in Schiller Park at 8pm Friday-Sunday. These performances are free, but weather permitting. Visit www.TheActorsTheare.org for more information. This presentation shall run through Sunday, July 28th.
- Shadowbox Live is at their new home in the old Worley Building in the Brewery District present “Best of Shadowbox”. Showtimes are Thursday at 7:30pm, Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm & 10:30pm. This presentation shall run through September 7th. Tickets are $30. On Sunday, you can check out their musical presentation of “Rocky Horror Picture Show” at 2pm & 7pm. Tickets for this presentation are also $30 each. Visit www.ShadowboxLive.org for more information.
- The Cloak & Dagger Dinner Theatre presents “Mayhem at the 5 Aces Casino” at their theatre inside Shane’s Gourmet Catering on 447 East Livingston Avenue Friday & Saturday at 6:30pm. Tickets are $40 and include dinner and the show has an open-ended run. Visit www.CloakDagger.com for more details.
- The Ohio Historical Society presents “1950’s: Building the American Dream” exhibit. Admission is $5-$10. Visit www.OhioHistory.org for more information.
- Funny gal Christina Pazsitzky will headline The Funny Bone this weekend. Call the Bone Phone at 471-JOKE or visit www.ColumbusFunnybone.com for tickets.
Festivals & Expos
- Friday mornings are all about the children at the Columbus Commons. Each Friday from 10am-1pm, the Columbus Commons will host a plethora of free activities for the kids (weather permitting). This program runs through August 30th. For more information, please visit www.ColumbusCommons.org.
- The Jazz & Rib Fest returns to Columbus for the 34th year! The event is Friday & Saturday from 11am-11pm, Sunday from 11am-8:30-pm. This is a free event! Visit www.HotRibsCoolJazz.org for further details.
- The Lancaster Festival celebrates its 29th season of world-class music and arts all throughout the city. Many events are free, but some do require an admission. The festival continues through July 27th. Visit www.LancasterFestival.org for a complete list of events.
- Over 100 local and regional artists will be featured at the Artwalk in downtown Lancaster Friday between 6-10pm. This is a free event! Visit www.DestinationDowntownLancaster.com for complete information.
- The Short North Arts District Summer Sidewalk Sale is Friday and Saturday from 11am-6pm. This is a free event! Visit www.ShortNorth.org for complete details.
- Downtown Worthington shall host “Worthington’s Treasures on the Green” on Saturday from 9am-4pm. Rummage through to find some of your own treasures during this special, outdoor flea market. This is a free event! Visit www.VisitWorthingtonOhio.com for complete details.
- Zoombezi Bay will show “Madagascar 3” as part of their Dive-In movie series Friday night at 9pm. Admission is $25-$33. Visit www.ZoombeziBay.com for further information.
- The Franklin County Fair runs through Saturday at the Franklin County Fairgrounds. Hours are 10am-10pm. Admission is free! Visit www.DestinationHilliard.org for complete information.
- Meanwhile, the Union County Fair opens Sunday and runs through July 27th at the Union County Fairgrounds. Admission is $5. Visit www.UnionCounty.org for complete information.
- Macon Alley in German Village will host the Art Crawl Saturday from 6-9pm. Admission is $25. Visit www.GermanVillage.com for more information.
- The Columbus Zoo will host Dinosaur Island daily from 9am-7pm. To attend the exhibit, there will be a $3 additional fee to park admission. Visit www.ColumbusZoo.com for further information. This attraction will run through September 2nd.
- Ohio Village will host the recreation of a Civil War era town Wednesdays-Saturdays 10am-5pm, Sundays noon-5pm. Admission is $5-$10 and these will continue through September 1st. Visit www.OhioHistroy.org for complete details.
- The Pearl Market runs each Friday between 10:30am-2pm (weather permitting) in downtown Columbus between Broad & Gay Streets in Pearl Alley. This is a free event! Visit www.DowntownColumbus.com/PearlMarket for complete information. The market shall run through October 29th.
- Easton Town Center will feature free sail boat sailing in their fountain pond for the kids between noon-6pm each Saturday & Sunday (weather permitting). Visit www.Easton TownCenter.com for details. This runs through August 31st.
- Franklin Park Conservatory presents their popular “Blooms & Butterflies” exhibit through September 2nd. Admission is $6-$11. Visit www.FPConservatory.org for more details.
- Zoombezi Bay is open for the season! Admission is $25-$33. Visit www.ZoombeziBay.com for further information.
- COSI will host the exhibit “MythBusters: The Explosive Exhibition” through September 2nd. Admission is $12-$17 for general admission, plus an additional $8 for this particular exhibit. Visit www.COSI.org for complete details.
- The Depot Rail Museum is open for the summer (921 Old Henderson Road). Admission is $4-$6. For more information and hours, please visit www.The-Depot.org. The museum will be open through August 25th.
- The Special Wish Foundation is selling tickets to the Saturday Columbus Crew game for a discounted rate of $16. Proceeds will benefit the organization. Please call (614) 258-3194 or email joehrtman@firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Columbus Crew face the New England Revolution at Crew Stadium Saturday at 7:30pm. Tickets are $23-$48. Visit www.TheCrew.com for more details.