Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
- Sequoia Lanes is hosting the “Hot Rod Hula Hop”, a fundraiser for Cure Muscular Dystrophy, beginning noon on Saturday. The event honors Tiki culture and includes a full day of activities including a free car show and a ticketed evening of Rock and Roll, Tiki and Rock-a-billy music. For the full schedule of events and ticketing, visit http://www.sequoiaprobowl.com/hot-rod-hulk-hop.
- The JazZoo concert series continues at the Columbus Zoo at 8pm Friday. The evening’s program will be themed “Ragtime, Blues & All That Jazz”. Tickets are $20-$35 and include admission to the zoo. Visit www.ColumbusZoo.org for full information.
- CATCO presents “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” at the Studio One Theatre in the Riffe Center through Sunday. Tickets are $45. Visit www.CATCO.org for a complete list of show dates & times.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series concludes this weekend with “Waiting for Guffman” & “Best in Show” at the Ohio Theatre Friday and “Oliver!” on Saturday & Sunday. Tickets are $4 each or a strip of ten for just $25. Visit www.CAPA.com for a complete movie line-up. The series will run through August 10th.
Festivals & Expos
- Sunny 95 presents another Connect Kids “Mommy & Me” event at Polaris Fashion Place Friday from 10:30am-12noon with the theme “Fun with Animals”. The event is free and features entertainment, our costume friends from the Columbus Zoo, demonstrations and Matt the Balloon Guy. Visit www.Sunny95.com for complete details.
- Sunny 95 will conduct another one of our famous “Touch A Truck” events at Polaris Fashion Place from 11am-1pm Saturday. This free event will feature police cars, fire trucks, Slinger Jones and more. Visit www.Sunny95.com for complete information.
- The Columbus Zoo shall host their annual Teddy Bear Safari. Children who bring their teddy bear receive free admission with every paid, adult admission. The staff of Nationwide Children’s Hospital will be on-hand to offer wellness checks to the bears. Visit www.ColumbusZoo.org for more information.
- Festival Latino returns to the Columbus riverfront Saturday & Sunday from 11am-8pm. Admission is free! Visit www.FestivalLatino.net for complete information.
- The Columbus Crew will face Toronto FC at Crew Saturday at 6pm. Tickets are $23-$55. Visit www.TheCrew.com for full details