Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
Capital University will play host to season 14 American Idol auditions on Saturday between 9am-5pm. The main requirement is that you are between the ages of 15-28 as of June 1st, 2014. Click here for details.
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra continues with the Nationwide Picnic with the Pops series at the Columbus Commons on Saturday featuring The O’Jays. Gates open at 6pm and the concerts start at 8pm. Tickets are $23. Visit picnicwiththepops.com for complete information.
- The Columbus Children’s Theater presents “Hairspray” at their theater (512 North Park Street) through July 20th. Tickets are $15-$30. Visit columbuschildrenstheatre.org for more information.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series continues with “An Affair to Remember” at the Ohio Theatre Friday and “North By Northwest” on Saturday & Sunday. Tickets are $4 each or a strip of ten for just $25. Visit capa.com for a complete movie line-up. The series will run through August 10th.
Festivals & Expos
- Polaris Fashion Place will host another Sunny 95/connect kids “Mommy & Me” event at their outdoor fountain area Friday from 10:30am-12noon. This is a free event featuring fun in the water. Click here for more info.
- The Goodguys PPG Nationals is Friday-Sunday at the Ohio Expo Center. More than 6,000 hot rods, customs, classics, muscle cars and trucks are anticipated. General admission is $20. Visit good-guys.com for complete information.
- The 41st annual Westerville Chamber of Commerce Music & Arts Festival is Saturday & Sunday in Heritage Park. Admission is just $1 and will feature more than 140 juried exhibitors. Visit westervillechamber.com for further information.
- The Franklin County Fair opens Saturday at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard. It runs through July 19th. Admission is $5-$6. Visit fcfair.org for complete details.
- The 32nd annual Arthritis Foundation Classic Auto Show & Cruise-In is Friday & Saturday at the Dublin Metro Center. Admission tickets are $10 and around 1,500 vehicles are expected to be on display. Proceeds benefit the Arthritis Foundation Great Lakes Region. Visit arthritisautoshow.com for full details.