Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
Batman will be making a special appearance at COSI Saturday & Sunday. Families will receive a meet & greet time ticket to reserve a timeframe to meet the Dark Knight, so don’t delay when you get there as this is on a first-come, first-Bat-serve basis. Admission is $13-$18. Visit COSI.org for more information.
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra presents Popcorn Pops for families Friday at the Columbus Commons. The show will feature music from Star Wars, Superman and beyond! Pre-concert activities begin at 5:30pm and the show starts at 7pm. Tickets are $8. Then, the Nationwide Picnic with the Pops series continues at the Columbus Commons on Saturday featuring The Manhattan Transfer. Gates open at 6pm and the concerts start at 8pm. Tickets are $23. Visit picnicwiththepops.com for complete information.
- Amy Grant will perform as part of the Lancaster Festival Saturday at 8:15pm. The concert will be followed by a firework show. Tickets are $25-$35. Visit lancasterfestival.org for more information.
- The Columbus Children’s Theater presents “Hairspray” at their theater (512 North Park Street) through Sunday. Tickets are $15-$30. Visit columbuschildrenstheatre.org for more information.
- The Worthington Community Theatre presents “Hairspray” at the McConnell Arts Center Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm, Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are $10-$15. Visit mcconnellarts.org for complete details. This production shall run through August 3rd.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series continues with “Shy Girl” at the Ohio Theatre Friday and “A Star is Born” on Saturday & Sunday. Tickets are $4 each or a strip of ten for just $25. Visit CAPA.com for a complete movie line-up. The series will run through August 10th.
Festivals & Expos
- Polaris Fashion Place will host another Sunny 95/connect kids “Mommy & Me” event at their outdoor fountain area Friday from 10:30am-12noon. This is a free event feature balloon artists and a focus on health & fitness. Click here for more info.
- It’s hot ribs and cool jazz at the 35th Annual Jazz & Ribfest in the Arena District Friday & Saturday 11am-11pm and Sunday 11am-8:30pm. This is a free event! Visit hotribscooljazz.org for complete details.
- The Lancaster Festival runs through July 26th at various sites through Lancaster. Many events are free but some require a fee or ticket. Visit lancasterfestival.org for complete information.
- Cheryl’s is hosting their summer bake sale at all of their locations through Friday. Swing by for up-to 75% off items. For bulk items, they have truckloads of products at their headquarters on McCorkle Road in Westerville.
- The Franklin County Fair runs through Friday at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard. Admission is $5-$6. Visit fcfair.org for complete details.
- The Union County Fair opens Sunday and will continue through July 26th at the Union County Fairgrounds. Admission is $6. Visit co.union.oh.us for complete details.
- The BIA Parade of Homes runs through August 3rd. This year’s parade will feature homes located in Liberty Township. Visit biaparade.com for more information.
- The Columbus Crew host the Montreal Impact at Crew Stadium at 6pm Saturday. Tickets are $23-$55. Visit thecrew.com for more information.
- The Columbus Clippers battle the Indianapolis Indians at Huntington Park Thursday at 7pm, Friday at 7:15pm, Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 6pm. Visit clippersbaseball.com for further information.