Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
As you may know, this week marks the 75th Anniversary of Batman. Our friends over at Packrat Comics will be celebrating this during their Superhero Training Academy this Saturday afternoon. They are offering one hour classes for kids to teach superhero skills to defeat Batman’s villains that day. This is a free event! Visit packratcomics.com for complete details.
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra presents the conclusion of Nationwide Picnic with the Pops at the Columbus Commons on Friday & Saturday featuring The Ohio State University Marching Band. Gates open at 6pm and the concerts start at 8pm. Tickets are $23. Visit picnicwiththepops.com for complete information.
- Sunny 95 presents Michael Buble at the Schottenstein Center Saturday at 8pm. Tickets are $58-$103. Visit schottensteincenter.com for more details.
- Lady Antebellum will perform as part of the Ohio State Fair at 7pm Friday. Visit ohiostatefair.com for complete information.
- Christopher Cross will perform as part of the Lancaster Festival Saturday at 8:15pm. The concert will be followed by a firework show. Tickets are $25-$35. Visit lancasterfestival.org for more information.
- CATCO presents “Dirty Rotten Scoundrels” at the Studio One Theatre in the Riffe Center through August 10th. Tickets are $45. Visit catco.org for a complete list of show dates & times.
- The Worthington Community Theatre presents “Hairspray” at the McConnell Arts Center Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm, Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are $10-$15. Visit mcconnellarts.org for complete details. This production shall run through August 3rd.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series continues with “Fritz Night Friday with Fritz” at the Ohio Theatre Friday and “Holiday” on Saturday & Sunday. Tickets are $4 each or a strip of ten for just $25. Visit capa.com for a complete movie line-up. The series will run through August 10th.
Festivals & Expos
- The Lancaster Festival runs through Saturday at various sites through Lancaster. Many events are free but some require a fee or ticket. Visit lancasterfestival.org for complete information.
- The Ohio State Fair runs through August 3rd. Tickets are $6-$10. Visit ohiostatefair.com for further information.
- The 21st annual Lazy Daze of Summer Festival is at the Grandview Public Library grounds 11am-6pm Saturday. This is a free event! Visit ghpl.org for complete information.
- The Union County Fair continues through Saturday at the Union County Fairgrounds. Admission is $6. Visit co.union.oh.us for complete details.
- The BIA Parade of Homes runs through August 3rd. This year’s parade will feature homes located in Liberty Township. Visit biaparade.com for more information.
- The Columbus Clippers battle the Norfolk Tides at Huntington Park Friday at 7:15pm, Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 6pm. Visit clippersbaseball.com for further information.