Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
The weird, wild and political will march down High Street in the Short North as part of the Doo Dah Parade on Friday at 1pm. This is a free event! Visit doodahparade.com for complete information.
- The Columbus Symphony Orchestra continues with the Nationwide Picnic with the Pops series at the Columbus Commons on Saturday featuring “Patriotic Pops.” Gates open at 6pm and the concerts start at 8pm. Tickets are $23. Visit picnicwiththepops.com for complete information.
- The Columbus Children’s Theater presents “Hairspray” at their theater 512 North Park Street through July 20th. Tickets are $15-$30. Visit columbuschildrenstheatre.org for more information.
- Red, White & Boom along the Columbus riverfront opens festivities at 10am Thursday. The fireworks start at 10pm. This is a free event! Visit redwhiteandboom.org for complete information.
- The City of Dublin will host their Independence Day Celebration starting at 8am Friday. The festivities are highlighted by a parade at 11am and an concert from Earth, Wind & Fire at 8pm, followed by an amazing firework display. This is a free event! Click here for details.
- For a complete list of Independence Day celebrations and parades, click here.
- The Columbus Clippers battle the Toledo Mudhens at Huntington Park Friday at 7:15pm & Saturday at 7pm. Then on Sunday, they play the Pawtucket Red Sox at 6pm Visit clippersbaseball.com for more information.