Mark’s “Out There” Pick of the Week
The Midwest Haunters Convention returns to the Columbus Convention Center Friday-Sunday. The event is the largest Halloween show of its kind serving haunted attraction industry professionals and enthusiasts and features a tradeshow, education, chartered bus tours and entertainment. Tickets start at $8. Visit midwesthauntersconvention.com for more details.
- CATCO presents “Always Patsy Cline” in the Studio Two Theatre in the Riffe Center through June 15th. Visit catcoistheatre.org for more information.
- The CAPA Summer Movie Series kicks-off with Superman starring Christopher Reeves at the Ohio Theatre Friday & Saturday at 7:30pm and Sunday at 2pm & 7:30pm. Tickets are $4 each or ten for just $25. Visit capa.com for a complete movie line-up. The series will run through August 10th.
- The Columbus Children’s Theatre presents “The Frog Prince” at their theatre at 512 North Park Street Thursday-Saturday at 10am and Sunday at 1pm, 3pm & 5pm. Tickets are $13-$16. Visit columbuschildrenstheatre.org for more details. This presentation shall run through June 15th.
Festivals & Expos
- The Columbus Arts Festival is along the downtown riverfront Friday-Sunday. This is a free event! Visit columbusartsfestival.org for complete information.
- Ohio Village presents “Storybook Village” from 10am-5pm Saturday. See your children’s favorite storybook characters come to life, including Curious George, the Cat in the Hat and many more. Admission is $5-$10. Visit ohiohistroy.org for more information.
- The annual Short North Yard Sale is Saturday from 9am-3pm. This is a free event! Visit shortnorth.org for complete details.
- The Short North will host another Gallery Hop Saturday between 4-10pm. This is a free event! Visit shortnorth.org for complete information.
- You are invited to nine beautiful Bexley homes and gardens, for the Bexley Women’s Club’s 7th annual Bexley House & Garden Tour. Presale tickets to the Sunday Tour are $20 and available online at bexleywomen.org. Tickets may be purchased on the day of the tour at Columbus School for Girls for $25.
- The Subway Triathlon & Duathlon (formerly the Wendy’s Triathlon & Duathlon) is at Alum Creek State Park Sunday at 7am. Visit ultrafit-usa.com for complete details