News

Cleveland kidnap suspect declared competent

CLEVELAND (AP) — A man charged with holding three women captive in his Cleveland home for about a decade and raping them has been found competent to stand trial.

A Cuyahoga County judge said during a hearing Wednesday that an examination found that Ariel Castro, 52, is mentally able to understand the charges and assist attorneys in his defense.

Castro has pleaded not guilty to a 329 count indictment that includes multiple kidnapping and rape charges. He’s being held on an $8 million bond.

Authorities accuse him of kidnapping the women between 2002 and 2004 when they were 14, 16 and 20 years old.

A trial is scheduled for Aug. 5, but the judge said it could be delayed.

News

3 hours ago in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: May 6

georgeclooney535004513551

A look at some of the entertainment headlines that made history.

16 hours ago in Entertainment

‘Oregon Trail,’ ‘Sonic’ join World Video Game Hall of Fame

videogamehall2016AP

Last year, "Super Mario Bros." and "Pong" were among the first inductees to the World Video Game Hall of Fame. The class of 2016 is just as strong.

19 hours ago in Entertainment

Seth MacFarlane returning to Fox with new sci-fi series

sethmacfarlane536713938826

The "Family Guy" star is producing a new series set 300 years in the future.