Ready for a few fun facts about your favorite 80s teen movie? Bet you didn’t know any of these!
1. Cameron’s dad’s Ferrari wasn’t a real 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California. Because it was too expensive to rent one, they made three fake ones, each with a fiberglass body.
2. Grace the Secretary pretending to be Ed Rooney during the phone call from Cameron was completely improvised.
3. The scene where Jeannie kicks Mr. Rooney was originally shot with only one kick, but edited to look like 3 swift kicks to the face.
4. Charlie Sheen stayed awake for 48 hours to make himself look drugged out in the police station scene.
5. Cindy Pickett and Lyman Ward, who played Ferris’s parents, married in real life after filming.
6. Emilio Estevez turned down the role of Cameron.
7. Alan Ruck was 29 years-old when he played the role of Cameron.
8. Ferris laments not having his own car, but does at least own a synthesizer which cost $8,000 in 1984.
9. John Hughes told Ben Stein, who had a degree in Economics, to present an actual Economics lecture in his scenes. As such, nothing Ben Stein says (aside from the roll call) is scripted.
10. John Hughes wrote the script for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off in only 6 days!